Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Grand Opening for The Melting Pot is Wednesday, January 13th!



We have one week until the Grand Opening for our newest restaurant addition to the Citadelle Plaza, but who's counting? EVERYONE IS! We haven't seen this much excitement for an opening of a restaurant in the Valley in a long, long time. You may be asking yourself, why has The Melting Pot stirred it up so much. Well, I'd like to share a personal story that I think reflects why people have such an emotional tie to this restaurant.

The year was 2000 and at the time my husband and I were working long hours. Our three children ranged in age from 12-16 years old, so needless to say, the household was hectic. Trying to get everyone together to enjoy each others' company was a difficult task at best. And spending quality time with the parents was not considered high on the list for the kids!

My middle son's birthday was coming up and I asked if he would like to go out to a nice dinner with the family to celebrate. He said, "Yes, so long as we can go to The Melting Pot!" Now, I'm not sure how he knew about the restaurant, but the suggestion was fine with me...I love The Melting Pot. I made reservations for a Friday night.

My oldest son complained the whole time driving to the restaurant. My 12-year old daughter was sulking in the backseat of the car. My husband was silent trying to drown the noise with the music from the car radio. And then it happened....

We walked into the Scottsdale restaurant. The lighting was soft and the hostess seemed so friendly as she led us back to a cozy booth. Suddenly, the kids starting talking about their day and we discussed the day's current topics. Everyone was cordial to each other. The conversation continued as we enjoyed the slow process of fondue cooking. Below the table, I pinched myself! We had finally found a place that everyone loved and allowed us to spend some quality time together. The birthday chocolate fondue arrived at the table and Laura blurted out, "From now on, let's spend all our birthday dinner celebrations at The Melting Pot!"

This is a story and a sentiment I hear often about this restaurant. We have been hearing similar stories from people who have been attending the Twilight Farmers Markets each Wednesday for the past six months, too. So, at 4:30 PM next Wednesday, The Melting Pot officially opens their doors to the public. Come and reserve your favorite booth today and enjoy some of the best dining in town! You'll be glad you did!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home