Sunday, October 11, 2009

Magical Night for First of Fall Series: Twilight Farmers Market

Last Wednesday, the Twilight Farmers Market kicked back in. At 4 Pm, the new start time, the scene was a bit hectic: new vendors trying to figure out where to go, a Tucson farmer got lost and arrived late with loads of watermelon and flowers and many people there ready to be the first to grab the cream of the crop!

I lost my camera helping some of the farmers set-up, so I need you to send me some pictures (in your comments) and I guess I am getting a new one this week!

The weather could not have been nicer. The patios at Corbin's bar & grill and at Tutti Santi ristorante by Nina were completely packed with diners by 5:30 PM. Ah, yes, this is WHY we live in Arizona. I tried the Veal Cannelloni for the first time at Tutti Santi's and it was love at first site! You've got to try this item on your next visit there.

I bought some crunchy green apples and the best sweet apple cider form a vendor who came all the way down from Oak Creek/Sedona. I loaded up on Pastamore's Basil/Parmesan dipping oil and Sticky Finger BBQ sauce. She had suggested piercing the fresh salmon I just bought, cover the fish with her sauce and slow cook over a cedar plank, which I did on Thursday evening, it was a real treat.

All our merchants are holding a food drive for St. Mary's during the month of October, so be sure to bring a bag full of canned goods and peanut butter and drop off at your favorite store, for this very worthy cause. Our tenants have already filled hundreds of boxes with food to fill the shelves for those less fortunate! Good job!

This Wednesday, eight more vendors will be filling the courtyard with their produce and baked goods. Let's all show them that the west and northern valleys love to buy our groceries from local sources at the best farmers market in town! See you soon....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home