Thursday, December 3, 2009

Santa and Mrs. Claus are a Hit with the Children



Last night at the Twilight Farmers Market, the children who attended had so much fun meeting Santa and Mrs. Claus. The Plaza has set up an area in the front courtyard area for Santa to sit and meet all the good girls and boys in the northwest valley! Many families enjoyed having the pictures taken with Santa in his wonderful green and red chair. The photo packages are much less expensive than those offered at the malls, which is nice.....but what is more important is the atmosphere at the Citadelle Plaza. You see, there's no rush to get as many kids up on Santa's lap....no line to wait in and think about how scary that might be! Most of the kids just walked up, spoke to him for a few minutes on their own terms then decided to sit with him for a photo and to share what presents might be fun to get this year under the tree.

Next to Santa's station, Mrs. Claus had a table set up so the kids could write Santa what they wanted this year (she has an "in" with Santa, and plans to put these letters on the top of his to-do list!) She had popcorn and candy canes, too.

Here is a sampling of last night's letters to Santa (exactly as they were written):

1) Santa, Merry Christmas. Four Christmas I would like a bike and four my two front teeth to fall out. love, Marissa.

2) I want snowglobe, chocolate orange, and a skateboard. Krystyanna.

3) Dear Santa Clasu, can I have a soccer ball. I have been a relly good girl this year. Can I also have a D.S. case. Thank you, Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus. from: Alexia.

4) To Santa: Scooter, new clothes. from: Alex.

5) Hi-I don't live in the North Pole and it is a little cold outside today so I bet it's a lot colder there. I got a blue ball! Thank you! This is what I want for Christmas: a star wars figure. P.s. and I want a box of strawberys. Osre.

6) Dear Santa: Love, Joseph

7) Dear Santa: I want a new camera, basketball, a soccer ball, volleyball, a snake, a lizard, quarters, chocolate anything, current book, posters, CDs, DVDs, scooter, big wheel, and rocks, qaurtz and display shelves and a photo frame. Love, Elaina F. Lauen.

8) Dear Santa, Did you have a good year? I did. Why do you wear red? Why not blue? That's my favorite color. What's your favorite color? Are the elves doing good? Ask them for me. Do you eat anything else than milk and cookies? Emily Luberto

9) WII PLEASE! Anthony.

10) Dear Santa: I am Madison. I am a good girl. I want a Barbie and a Polly Pocket. Madison.

11) Dear Santa, I want a yorkie puppy! Love, Lauren.

12) Basketball hoop, bumble bee toy, soccer ball (pictures drawn for Santa). Alex

Aren't these adorable?!! And I apologize if I didn't see the words correctly!

The Citadelle Plaza thinks we have the best little children around and hope they all have wonderful holidays!

Be sure to join us every Wednesday in December, 4-8 PM. There is always fun holiday entertainment, Santa and Mrs. Claus, the Twilight Farmers Market for you food and baking needs and of course, the shops are filled with beautiful items and sales to enjoy. Remember to bring an unwrapped gift for the Gifts of Hope children. They need your help this year more than ever! The wrapped box for the unwrapped toys in up by Santa's station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home